UBMD Family Medicine of Amherst Services
Our Amherst practice began in 1986 at the Lazar Family Medicine Center behind Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. We were delighted to have the opportunity to transition to a new home at Hopkins and Klein in 2008. We welcome our former Lazar patients as well as new patients to our thriving practice. We are working hard to ensure you have both excellent care and an excellent experience with us.
We provide care for:
- Infants, Children & Adolescents
- Adult Men & Women
- Aged & Elderly
Services we provide in our office:
- Well Care & Prevention Visits
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic (long-term) illness and acute (shot-term) illness
- Women's Health services including gynecological visits, pregnancy and delivery services
- Office Procedures including skin biopsies, simple laceration repair, joint injections, colposcopy and vasectomy
- Diabetes Educator
- Clinical Psychologist for mental health assessment and counseling
To help you make the best decisions for your care, UBMD Family Medicine is dedicated to:
- Providing “whole-person” care – including mental health treatments.
- Keeping you up-to-date on your vaccines and preventative screenings.
- Listening to your questions and feelings.
- Learning about your family life situation, health goals, and preferences so that we may recommend treatments that make sense to you.
- Providing equal access to all patients regardless of insurance status.
We are always available to assist with:
- Answering questions about your care to help you understand your condition(s) and all your options.
- Following the plan that we have agreed is best for your health. If you have trouble with this, let us know!